Breaded Parmesan Chicken
Versatile Chicken breast recipe that can be served with a range of healthy sides. Here is it served with a twice baked cheesy potato and salad.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Hammer the chicken to flatten slightly to ensure even cooking.
3. Grate the cheese and finely chop only a small part of the onion.
4. Crack an egg into a bowl and lightly whisk. Put some breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan and parsley into another bowl and mix through.
5. Dip the chicken in the egg and then in the breadcrumb mixture. Sit to the side.
6. Pierce the baked potatoes and place on a microwaveable plate and cook in the microwave for 10 minutes or until softened.
7. Remove the potato from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes.
8. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the chicken breasts for 10 minutes each side until golden brown.
9. Meanwhile put the cheese and onion in a bowl with a large knob of butter and scoop the potato out of the skin and mix through in the bowl and the butter and cheese is melted through and season.
10. Put the mixture back into the potato skins, Place them in foil parcels on a baking tray and place in the oven for 10 minutes to heat through.
11- Serve chicken and potato with salad.
This can also be served with baby potatoes and any vegetable or savoury rice. Whatever your family like. Another favourite of ours with this is potato wedges and corn on the cob.
Chicken Breast is a great staple to have in your fridge and so many different recipes can be created, click on the link below for some more ideas or if you have any better ones please share. I am always looking for new ways to cook chicken.
The great thing about the recipes on this site is that a lot of them are one pan - also saves on the washing up :)