The first 2 recipes are quick, nutritious soups.
Mums Tasty Chicken and Rice Soup
Preparation Time - 25 mins
Cooking Time - A further 15 mins
Serves - 6 - 8 bowls
1400 ml Chicken Stock
Packet of Super Chicken Noodle Soup
1 cup of cooked white rice
Handful of fresh Parsley
2 cloves of Garlic
Dash of oil
- Prepare stock, chop up leek and garlic
- Heat a little oil in a large pot, add the leek and garlic and fry for a couple of minutes
- Add the stock, chicken and packet of super noodle chicken soup, bring to the boil
- Meanwhile, chop 1 carrot and grate the other and add to pot, bring to boil and then cover and simmer for 15 mins or until carrots are soft
- Add parsley and rice
- Remove chicken, shred and return to pot and season to taste
I enjoy this most served with hot part baked rolls straight from the oven.
If you have kids that are big soup fans like mine, check out the link below for quick, healthy soups that are great for the winter months.