Quick Minestrone Soup
Preparation Time - 20 mins
Cooking Time - A further 20 mins
Serves - 6 - 8 bowls
Tin of Tomatoes
2 cloves of Garlic
1/4 of a white cabbage
Pinch Chilli flakes
2 Pints Stock
Dash of oil
- Chop up onion, garlic, carrots, peppers and white cabbage
- Heat a little in a large pot, add the onion and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes, add the carrot, peppers and white cabbage and cook for another couple of minutes
- Add the tomatoes and a pinch of chilli flakes to add some heat, stir through and add stock
- Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft or to taste of you prefer yours al dente
- If you wish you can add some pasta at this point, really small pieces work best or bits of spaghetti broken up
- Season to taste
This recipe is versatile and can be adjusted to your family tastes -
You can puree this soup and add croutons for kids who don't like lumps or cut your veg up nice and big for those who enjoy a thick chunky soup.
This soup is also good to make to use up vegetables left over, you can add anything really.
I enjoy it best served with a sprinkle of parmesan and garlic bread.