Roasted Salmon with veggie rice
Preparation time – 15 mins
Cooking time – 30 mins
Serves - 2 adults and 2 children
2 cloves of Garlic
Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and prepare stock
- Chop onion, peppers and courgette and crush garlic
- Place a sheet of tinfoil in an oven tray (big enough to create a parcel around the salmon fillets) put the fillets on the tin foil and add 2-3 tablespoons of soya sauce and sweet chilli sauce to each fillet - add less or more if you prefer. Put in oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook rice - I use basmati rice and cook it in my microwave steamer but you could use boiled rice or a packet microwave rice - whatever you prefer.
- Add tablespoon of oil to pan and add onion and garlic and fry for a few minutes, add peppers and cook for a further few minutes then add courgette. If the vegetables start to catch, add some stock and continue to do this until the vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan and add a few splashes of soya sauce and a little sweet chill sauce to taste.
- Mix through and serve with the salmon on top, pour remaining sauce from tinfoil parcel over salmon.
As I like my food spicy I tend to serve the rice for my boys and before serving my husband and I's I add a sprinkle of chilli flakes to add more of a heat.
Fish is so healthy and isn't always the first thing that springs to mind when thinking of a quick dinner (other than fish fingers) but if you prefer to cook fresh meals then check out the link below for some more quick fish recipes for busy mums on the go: